Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Total of Edition 100
– Danh Du (Swinging – Seesaw) is a very traditional and interesting game that held every Tet holiday. The people involve in this game compete with others in pairs (may be 1 man 1 woman or a couple of women), and try to swing as high as possible to achieve the first prize. The award is not too big, that usually a bag of rice or some cakes and fruits, but first prize of all villagers is considered a big honor for attendees. Swinging – seesaw and the similar games come in many kinds and variations.
– However, the most common Vietnamese swings involve a wooden platform, that is a standing for two people . One or two people stand on the platform and swing themselves high in the air, even tens of meters, until their bodies are almost parallel to the ground. Their goal is a prize hanging at top of the swing’s frame.
– Players should dress smartly and neatly. Boys wear red belts and girls green belts over traditional four-pieces dresses (“ao tu than”) with headscarves. Often a boy and girl will swing together.
– First, the couple steps onto the swing platform and stands face to face. Then they press their feet against platform floor and bend their knees. Gradually, the swing begins to move like a pendulum.
– At the heightest of swinging, the two almost lie almost lie on each other. The crowd cheers.